Capio Germany offers care at all levels of the value chain, besides university hospital services.
The activities comprises five general hospitals offering a wide range of medical care, seven medical care centers (MCCs) and four specialist clinics focusing on vein surgery, a treatment area in which Capio Germany is a market leader for inpatient care, with a market share of approximately 15%. Germany’s operations are spread across ten locations: Otterndorf, Dannenberg, Büdingen, Bad Brückenau, Aschaffenburg, Hilden, Laufen, Weissen- burg, Blaustein and Bad Bertrich.
1 Hospital Quality Report (based on §137 SGB V for ICD 183
Focus areas going forward
- Accelerated implementation of Modern Medicine to improve quality, reduce AVLOS, drive the shift from inpatient to outpatient care, and release capacity for new elective volumes – primarily in general hospitals.
- Improving medical care center offerings to capture an increasing share of outpatients and referring inpatients to the hospitals.
- Driving consolidation and strengthening networks through add-on acquisitions.
- Further strengthening of market position in vein surgery (estimated 15 percent market share in 2012).
- Widening treatment areas into closely related specialties.