- Last updated
- 4 Apr, 2017 11:09
The Nordic segment consists of the operations in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
In Sweden, Capio is active in 13 county councils and regions of which Stockholm, Västra Götaland and the Skåne region are the largest by inhabitants. In Norway, Capio has a national presence in all four health regions – Central region, Northern region, Southern and Eastern region and Western region. Capio CFR in Denmark is active in three out of five health regions – the Capital region, South Denmark and North Denmark region.
- Organic growth was driven by increased volumes in the specialist free healthcare choice and contract businesses in Sweden (mainly related to Capio S:t Göran’s hospital and geriatric care in Stockholm), and expanded clinics in Norway
- A new and larger accident and emergency department (A&E) opened at Capio S:t Göran’s hospital in April 2016 and contributed to the good growth during 2016
- In order to increase productivity, Capio Proximity Care carried out a staff reduction program covering 90 FTEs, out of around 2,000, during 2016. Most of the reduction related to temporary staff positions
- 220 participants in Capio’s management program to strengthen leadership skills – Modern Management
- Finalization of an ISO certification process in Norway. The entire operation now holds quality and environmental management certifications
- New market entry with the acquisition of the Danish hospital Group CFR Hospitaler, adding to Capio’s Nordic home base. CFR comprises four specialized hospitals and four radiology units and is active in three out of five Danish regions. The business is focused on orthopedics, spine surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, urology and ear-nose-throat disorders, performing more than 80,000 consultations and 8,000 surgeries annually